Learn what they never taught you in sex ed.
FACC is a volunteer-run group that offers drop-in charting circle meetings and educational talks about the menstrual cycle in the Edmonton area. Everyone is welcome to attend regardless of gender or knowledge level.
Fertility Awareness can deepen a woman’s knowledge of her reproductive health through all stages of life.
It is an effective alternative to hormones, chemicals, barriers, and other methods of preventing or achieving pregnancy.
The menstrual cycle is more than just a reproductive event.
When a woman consistently observes this cycle it is a window into her overall health and well-being.
Provided at each meeting:
- Intros for those without charting experience: overview of reproductive physiology and introduction to Justisse Method of Fertility Awareness.
- Follow up for those that are charting: individual chart review and discussion on a specific focus topic. Follow up topics are chosen based on the knowledge, comfort level and learning goals of those participating and may include:
- Focus on mucus observation; charting and interpretation; and identifying peak vs. non-peak mucus.
- Identifying fertile and non-fertile days. Introduction to recording and interpreting the BBT shift.
- Review and evaluation of BBT. Introduction to checking cervical position for the purpose of identifying fertile period.
- Review and integration of all three signs – mucus, BBT and cervical position. Exploring body awareness and additional body signs of a woman’s cycle.
- Benefits and challenges of charting.
- Nutritional considerations.